“Outside of a dog, a book is mans’ best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” Groucho Marx
…that is, unless you have Cesar Millan to help!
Cesar Millan Resources for Overcoming Dog Behavior Problems
If you have read our article, Cesar Millan’s Dog Whisperer Method, you’ll know that we credit Millan with having an insightful gift of helping people overcome problem behavior patterns in their dogs.
A talent of a different kind was Groucho Marx, one of the great funny guys of early American cinema. While his witticism quoted above dealt with the imaginary challenges of trying to read a book inside a dog, it is reasonable to say that for some owners, confronted with doggy behavior problems, the recesses of those canine minds can be difficult to read!
German Shepherds sometimes get a bad rap for aggressive behavior. But the understanding owner knows that help is available. It is a journey of discovery most of us will gladly take for our canine friends.
So, if you know of a dog with behavior problems, either yours or that of a friend who may be receptive to help, I’m going to point you today to some practical solutions from Cesar Millan:
- Cesar’s Way magazine: The February 2014 issue has an article on page 40 where Cesar helps solve the five biggest problems he says owners have with their dogs: Barking; chewing; aggression; separation anxiety and housebreaking.
- Millan has a new TV series out this spring. Here is the information we can give you:
- Name of the show: Cesar 911
- Channel: NatGeo Wild
- When: Starting March 7, 2014
- Subject: It’s Cesar to the rescue as he helps people driven beyond their wit’s end because of misbehaving dogs, after all other options have failed. (as described on Cesar’s website)
3. Cesar’s website is, http://www.cesarsway.com/. Here you will find useful articles dealing with dog training and how to overcome behavior challenges.
Until next time!
P.S. It would be great to hear from you! Let us know where you live (country; or if in the US, which state) and how you found us; and tell us about your German Shepherd(s) and anything else that you’d like to share. Just click on “comments” below.